In the last month I had a bit of a whirlwind “romance”. [quotes are due to the fact that I’m still not sure of the best word for it] It came into my life as quickly as it left.
And while I’ve spent time recently purging and deleting and all that stuff that people do when they are hurt and confused and angry, I now realize, as I usually do, that we learn from everything that happens in our lives- good and bad. There are lessons everywhere. And we just grow, or not, and move on. Such is life.
This “romance” also included a very random and impulsive trip to Portland. And it would be very silly of me to pass on a chance to discuss the AMAZING food that was consumed while there and to choose to actively ignore an adventure in my life. So here is a quick list of places you definitely should not miss should you have the chance to head north anytime soon.
- Eastland Park Hotel – dog friendly! Also, a kind of random but entertaining hotel bar with views of the city.
- Fore Street Restaurant – butter, lots of butter, and incredible food
- Ri Ra Irish Pub – fun cover band, friendly bartender
- Coffee By Design – beats Starbucks any day
- Local 188 – try to sit with a view of the kitchen if you can
A few more pictures of the gorgeous sunset here.